Hurricanes (and other natural disasters) can wreak havoc on valuable content if you aren’t properly prepared. Do you have a reliable contingency plan in place to safeguard your assets – ad revenue, signal continuity, carriage? There is much to be considered when choosing a service provider to manage your disaster recovery needs. What type of protection do you need? Playout? Transmission? Content? Encompass is uniquely positioned to provide backup services from any of its geographically diverse facilities located throughout the U.S. and the world – Atlanta, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Stamford, Buenos Aires, London and Singapore. Using our Global Interconnect (GI), an Encompass-managed fiber network that connects all of its facilities, we are able to transport content seamlessly and without loss of service. Our fleet of US-based satellite uplink trucks and live remote site and studio production services can provide much needed coverage during the storm. Like most people that work and live along the coast, Encompass has preparedness procedures in place and are ready to initiate those plans at any given time. In preparation for a potentially devastating storm, our management, operations and engineering teams focus on a worst-case scenario and plan accordingly. This enables us to protect our dedicated clients’ networks during a natural disaster. Encompass utilizes our existing infrastructure of owned and operated facilities, each of which has standalone UPS and generator power, to support our clients throughout an event. With state-of-the-art transmission equipment and a highly experienced engineering staff, we remain a first-responder for both anticipated and unforeseen emergencies. Encompass provides a full range of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery services to over a dozen large media companies globally. We offer tiered services geared to protect content, playout, compression and transmission. So, how will you prepare for a season of uninterrupted brand integrity and revenue protection? Click here for more information on Encompass’ disaster recovery services or contact us here.
- A n00b’s Guide to eSports – Monetizing Live Events
- What is a Virtual Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (vMVPD)?
- Our Guide on Going OTT – Don't be afraid. Be prepared.
- The broadcasters’ content & video processing journey to the cloud
- Challenges on Broadcasting Live Stream of the Total Solar Eclipse
- Did OTT Steal this Summer’s Movies?
- Are you ready to launch an OTT channel?
- Questions to Ask Before Broadcasting Live Events
- Managed Services Benefits – Create Killer Content and Monetize
- Hurricane Season Wreaks Havoc on Valuable Content. Are You Prepared?